I’ve been changing up my skincare routine quite a bit recently. I’d simplified my routine to give my skin a bit of a detox, and then take a look and re-evaluate my skincare routine. This is the stage I’m at right now, I’m sure it’ll change a lot even from this… I’m always looking for new products and ways to make my routine easier and more simple.
At the moment, I’m focusing on my skin texture, ensuring that my skin is properly exfoliated and moisturised!
I have sensitive-combination skin. I have an oily t-zone and under eye area. I suffer from a ridiculously dry forehead… and I try to not use too many perfumed products.
I’m currently using three products for cleansing:
- Cherry Chree: Charcoal Cleansing Towelettes – I’m honestly not sure of these yet. I’ve just been grabbing any makeup wipes I can find. So I’ll get back to you guys once I’ve used them a little longer! Nature Republic:
- Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam – I’m in love with this. I think this is a great cleanser for the summer, it’s light… it foams up nicely (I have really hard water and this still foams without any problems!) and it doesn’t leave a sweaky film on the skin. I use this after the makeup wipes to just make sure I’ve properly cleansed my skin.
- St. Ives Blemish: Control Apricot Scrub – I’m in love with this scrub. I’ve been buying it for years, and I just a use a little in the shower every few days. It does a great job of getting rid of all those tiny bumps on your skin and leaving it feeling soft and smelling great!
Toning and Pre-Treatment
After cleansing I move onto these products. I’ve just started using this Hand Exfoliator by Joules, and so far so good! I’ve neglected my hands so much in the past and so you may have seen on my Instagram that I’m finally trying to get into the habit of applying hand cream and properly exfoliating! This is the first hand-specific exfoliator I’ve tried, so nothing to compare to, but I’m enjoying it so far.
Then I jump in with some of the Wonder Pore Freshener by Etude House, on a cotton pad. I’m not sure whether it really decreases the size of my pores… but I like to think so! It’s cheap and it feels like it does the job so I’m happy!I'm always looking for new products and ways to make my routine easier and more simple. Click To Tweet
Then whenever I need to I pop on some of the Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper by Simple, this is one of the best spot gels I’ve found so far… It doesn’t completely get rid of them, but it does decrease the size a little!
And then I jump in with the moisturising! I’m using this hand cream from Joules at the moment, it’s not my favourite scent – personally a Tangerine by The Body Shop girl myself… but this is the one I have right now!
Then I’ve recently discovered sleep masks. I’ve been putting this sleep mask by PS Beauty (Primark) on every few nights, and it does seem to be helping my skin retain the moisture a little. Which is awesome in this heat!
My regular day cream is just this Replenishing Rich Moisturiser by Simple, I like to keep it simple with moisturisers because I love piling it on when I need to… Then been trying to remember lip balm recently so here’s an EOS lipbalm in Grapefruit.
I’m currently using two types of masks. I don’t have specific brands or ranges I use… I just grab whatever I see at the time.
- Sheet masks: I love a good moisturising sheet mask, you might look like a serial killer wearing one… but they do an awesome job. This on was just £1.50 from Primark so can’t go wrong there!
- Pore strips: I love blackhead/pore strips that are supposed to extract all of your blocked pores and clear them out. I don’t know how well they actually work, but a lot seems to come off when you do them properly and it feels nice afterwards so I’m happy to take the risk!
And so that’s my entire skincare routine! At the moment it’s pretty manageable. Although it might seem like quite a bit… this includes masks and things that I don’t use every day! I used to have a ridiculous amount of skincare!
A while ago I decluttered down to just a cleanser and a moisturiser… but I’ve managed to find a balance I’m happy with, now I can take care of my skin in the most minimal way I’m comfortable with at the moment.
What does your skincare routine look like at the moment? What’s your favourite product… and your least favourite?
If you enjoyed this post, please consider saving this this pinnable graphic below to your Pinterest boards! <3